stereo and dome light not working

Fifth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

fatal_SH
Prelude Enthusiast

stereo and dome light not working

Post by fatal_SH »

hey guys. i recently bought a 1997 Honda prelude SH. it came with a crappy pioneer deck with no CD drive. i unplugged it from the car and tried to put my other one in, but it didn't fit. i reinserted the old one, but now it doesn't turn on. To make matters worse, now the dome light doesn't work at any setting. Did i trip a anti theft device? Ive heard about unplugging the stock radio and having to enter in the code, would this apply here? if not, what could it be? any help is appreciated.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: stereo and dome light not working

Post by spiffyguido »

Do you mean that your car doesn't turn on or the stereo doesn't turn on?

fatal_SH
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by fatal_SH »

my car runs fine, i can drive it but the stereo wont turn on and the dome light wont either.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

There's probably two possible explanations for this:

-An electrical problem: There might be something wrong with how you've wired everything up. Double-check your wiring, and also check for any blown fuses. The dome light might be burnt out, or perhaps blown due to a bad circuit.

-The stereo deck is fitted with an anti-theft device: Some stereos beside the stock one may have anti-theft devices built into them. You'll have to research your particular model to be sure. This doesn't explain the dome light not working though, so I think the first option may be more likely.