93 Vtec lude

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

93SIlude
Prelude Enthusiast

93 Vtec lude

Post by 93SIlude »

Allright so i just bought this 93 Vtec prelude with 95k miles on it. Runs strong as hell Dc headers, DC intake, 2.5" full exhuast with magnaflow muffler, MSD ignition, external coil, Iridium wires and new plugs, also has the Hondata P28 ECU on it.. I just bought a Magnaflow high flow cat to try and quiet this damn thing down, also thinking of getting a resonator for it not sure which one. It has the H22A1 Vtec engine on it. This thing is faster than my 2001 VR6 jetta with intake chip and exhaust its also about 1000lbs lighter. I need some suggestions though. First off i want a lip kit nothing huge or wings west style just nice JDM style. Also i have some 97 prelude rims for $100 with tires hell of a steal, that look like the porsche twists ya know. They are 5 lug and my car is 4 lug. Do i just need to get 5 lug hubs off of a 5th gen prelude or what? And about how much am i looking at for all that? Also my bumpers front and back sag a little if someone could point out the part for the bumper clip i would appreciate that. And any other general information anyone has i would really appreciate it. I love the car and never thought i would have a Honda coming from 5 Vw's and a Porsche but i love this little go kart. :) much love sorry for the years of bashing hondas as i was young and uneducated.\

Oh also i have this clunking noise coming from the driver front tire not sure what it is as i havent had it on a lift yet. It has lowering springs and i think stock shocks. Any ideas? Maybe Cv joing or something?>

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: 93 Vtec lude

Post by spiffyguido »

The clunking noise could be a CV joint. If you hear it most when turning at low speed, that's probably what it is. Definitely something to have checked.

I'm not an expert on 4th gen lip kits, but I do believe that it is possible to get the actual JDM ones if you look on eBay for a while. Best advice I can give you with my limited knowledge on the topic.

Where exactly is your bumper sagging? In the front or on the corners? There are typically some big screws that whole the bumper on and some clips as well. If things are sagging, you may have to get in there and make sure that none of these fasteners have fallen out. There may also be some special brackets that jut out of the unibody to hang the bumper on. The 3rd gen has these, and it wouldn't surprise me if the 4th gen does as well. These can sag over time under the weight of the bumper. Bottom line is you will need to get in there, pull some parts off and see what's what.