New and got a ?

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

4WS89SI
Prelude Enthusiast

New and got a ?

Post by 4WS89SI »

Whats going on guys and gals, I purchased a 89SI with 4WS about 3 months ago and finally got it on the road. I am the second owner its got a 144,000 miles its red and in tip top condition for the most part. I will post pictures in a couple days to a week for everyone to see.
I do have one question first, I have searched and looked through the post and I can no find a how to or any tips on how to fix my sunroof leak.
Heres what its doing, the back of the sunroof gaseket/seal looks to be a little warn down as in it is saging and their is a gap witch looks like theirs where the water is coming in, it appears that it then pools up in/on top of the sunroof rack, then when ever you drive forward or backward and make the water move it will poor and I mean poor like a water fall on you, I know that their is 2 drains in the front of the sunroof houseing and I snakes them with a wire some debree came out but not much, I would think that their is more drains in the rear of the sunroof houseing, is this ture if so how do you get to them with out taking down the sunroof, also does anyone know if honda or any one makes a replacement sunroof gasket, you know the one that goes around the sunroof glass.
Thanks for the help in advance.
I look forward to contribuating to the forum.
James

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

1990whitepreluded
Lude Dude

Re: New and got a ?

Post by 1990whitepreluded »

Check this out...it is showing the seal as available, but its a crap shoot really whether or not it is. Good Luck!

http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/jsp ... =&hidIrno=
- Do What You Can With What You Have Where You Are - Theodore Roosevelt

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: New and got a ?

Post by spiffyguido »