front control arm bushings

Second Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

kytarheel71
Prelude Guide

front control arm bushings

Post by kytarheel71 »

Does anyone know where i get a bushing for the front lower control arm bushing, the one under the fork and shock end. Honda has discontinued the part and the only one i can find to order is for the one towards the middle of the car(to frame). I have searched the internet and have checked auto parts stores with no luck. May only option matbe to be to buy a whole control arm from a junkyard and hope the bushings are in it.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: front control arm bushings

Post by spiffyguido »

Tough one.

If I were you, I would just try to get one from a wrecker. Those bushings are tough as nails, so you should have no touble finding a used one that is satisfactory. There may also be aftermarket options, but I can't say for sure.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

I'd say the junk /salvage yard is going to be your best bet. You're a tarheel, so you're in North Carolina right? If you're near Charlotte, Pull-A-Part has a couple of 1986's on their yard. They were listed at the beginning of the year so there might be some stuff still on them...... http://www.pullapart.com/Inventory/SearchDetail.aspx

Call around, a lot of yards do ship stuff.....so if you can't find it local you might be able to find it somewhere else and have it shipped. May cost more than the bushings would cost if you could get them new, but if it's all you can find, then you have to go that route if you need the goods.

~ Josh

kytarheel71
Prelude Guide

Post by kytarheel71 »

Thanks for the advice, looks like my only bet is going to be the junkyards. Just wanted to make sure before I went that route. By the way I grew up in North Carolina but I live in Kentucky now. I still bleed Carolina Blue though.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

AH! That's what the KY stands for. I was actually thinking it was maybe your name. I do know a guy named Ky, sounds like sky.... thought it would be rather odd that there were two people named that and spelled that way....

Well, sorry we couldn't provide you with a better source for bushings, but that's the fun that comes with having older cars like ours are becoming. Parts discontinued, etc.

Makes it more of a challenge to own one though, and all the more a sense of accomplishment when you are able to fix something, replace something, etc.

Best of luck~!

~ Josh

Crash_Control
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: 92 base

Post by Crash_Control »

Have you tried Altrom for your bushings ? They carry parts for European and Japanese cars.

kytarheel71
Prelude Guide

Post by kytarheel71 »

I ended up finding a whole lower control arm at a junkyard in awesome shape and it worked perfectly, really lucked out. I checked out that website and it appears that they do sell those bushings, it says that they sell at wholesale only. Thanks for the info ,it may come in real handy sometime . They have all sorts of stuff listed.