97 Prelude Honeycomb Grill

Fifth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Eucalyptus_Lude_97
Prelude Enthusiast
Prelude Model: '97 SH

97 Prelude Honeycomb Grill

Post by Eucalyptus_Lude_97 »

First off let me start by saying that I am the proud owner of a 1997 Honda Prelude Type SH. I am deployed to Iraq for another month or so, but I went ahead and bought the car on ebay from a guy in Virginia. The car is Eucalyptus Green with tan cloth interior and I am absolutely in love with everything about the car. :D

I am however trying to find one of the honeycomb grills for it. I have been looking online all day for one, so if someone could point me in the right direction as to what website would sell one.

Thanks again

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: 97 Prelude Honeycomb Grill

Post by spiffyguido »

Which grill are you looking for? The upper one, the lower one, or both? Honeycomb is easy to but at a hardware store, and many people outfit their body kits with it on their own, but there may be a kit.

Be safe in Iraq.

Sir Kyle
Lude Dude

Post by Sir Kyle »

Congrats on the buy. It was a good choice.
I think what you are talking about is the OEM honey comb grill. The earlier 5th gens had different grills. The honey comb seems to be more sought after.

My advise to the op is to check with some auto wreckers or other forums were the member have partouts. It will be around $100 if you buy from honda.

Where in Iraq are you?
'00 SH

WTB- JDM Type S interior items
WTB- wings west rear

Eucalyptus_Lude_97
Prelude Enthusiast

I am in Mosul, Iraq....if you don't know, it is the northern part of Iraq. Maybe a couple hours from Turkey. Don't get the wrong idea though...things are boring as hell over here. It is nothing like you see in the movies (except maybe jarhead).

And yes, I am looking for the OEM honeycomb upper grill that apparently came on the '99-'01 Preludes...or that's what I am getting from the 10+ hours of researching I have been doing looking for it.

I am also looking for the factory ground effects, which I found, but the ones that I did find would run me about $1300 and I just don't know i'd want to spend that much on them. Does anyone know of any other kits that look somewhat like the OEM ones that might be a little cheaper?

Sir Kyle
Lude Dude

Post by Sir Kyle »

Nice. I've done two tours in Iraq. Been up to camp Sykes(I think thats the name) a couple times. Be safe and watch your cornhole.

Good luck on your search. If I come accross one I'll keep you in mind. Oh ya and the oem body kit gets more rare every second. Another alternative would be the Wings West RS kit. Its a bit more aggessive but its the closest I could think of.
'00 SH

WTB- wings west rear

Eucalyptus_Lude_97
Prelude Enthusiast

Sir Kyle wrote:Nice. I've done two tours in Iraq. Been up to camp Sykes(I think thats the name) a couple times. Be safe and watch your cornhole.

Good luck on your search. If I come accross one I'll keep you in mind. Oh ya and the oem body kit gets more rare every second. Another alternative would be the Wings West RS kit. Its a bit more aggessive but its the closest I could think of.
I just found the Wings West RS kit. I think I am going to be going with that one in the end. Found it for about $600. I am on my 12th hour of searching for the honeycomb grill, but I guess I am just going to have to put that one off until I come home.

And yes, it is called Sykes...we have a group that goes there all the time. This is my first one, and hopefully y last...if I did go on another one, it would pretty much just fund me in building up the lude. You heard anything about the Greddy Turbo kits for the SH?

One more thing before I forget. I have been looking on here pretty much all day, and I noticed that the avatars and signatures are disabled. I found the thread that the topic was brought up, and he said it should take a couple of weeks to do the upgrade. i noticed that that thread was posted in May. Any word on when those features will be back up?

Sir Kyle
Lude Dude

Post by Sir Kyle »

unfortionatly its extremely hard to turbo the SH because all the tuning that is involved. The cars run of an obdII system and you does you ATTS(SH). The obdII ecu is tunable($1,100 AEM EMS is an exception). So you'll have to convert to a OBDI ecu then a base model trans w/ LSD. Its a pain but it has been done.
'00 SH

WTB- wings west rear

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 1996 Honda Prelude S

Post by S-LudeDan »

Just wanna say that the honeycomb grill is even more in demand now. It's even more pricier with the emblem included. I love the way that spec looks tho.