Please Be Careful and USE YOUR HEAD!

Discussion topics related to all generations of Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Please Be Careful and USE YOUR HEAD!

Post by RedRacer »

This is a tragedy that took place in the UK. I stumbled on it because I live in Birmingham, only I'm in Bham, Alabama. I don't know if racing was involved or if this was just someone being stupid by trying to pass cars when they shouldn't have been......either way, someone is dead because of the driver's actions. Think people.....think twice and then think again and then remember this: If you have to think about a driving action like this more than once, then chances are, you ought not do it.

Hunt after death crash hit-and-run

Sunday Mercury

Detectives are hunting a hit-and-run driver who fled from a head-on smash which left an elderly woman dead and a man fighting for his life.

The passenger of a Toyota Corolla, in her 60s, died instantly and the driver, in his 70s, suffered a damaged leg and pelvis after their car collided with a Honda Prelude.

The driver of the Honda was helped out of his car by passers-by and then ran off moments after the collision on Friday night in Bromford Road, Bromford in Birmingham.

A police spokesman said: Detectives want to hear from anyone who has any information about the driver of the Honda.

There were people at the scene who helped the Honda driver out and they have not yet been identified. We would like them to come forward. Police are also hoping to trace the driver of a third car that it is thought the Honda was over-taking at the time of the smash.

Emergency services battled to free the driver of the Corolla who was trapped inside the car.

His condition has been described as serious by police.

The spokesman added: The Corolla had been travelling along Bromford Road towards Brock-hurst Road. The Prelude had also been travelling along Bromford Road, towards Ventnor Avenue.

For reasons, which have yet to be identified, the two vehicles collided head-on. We believe the Honda may have overtaken other vehicles driving along Bromford Road prior to the collision.

Members of the public came to the assistance of the two elderly people in the Corolla.

At the same time, other unidentified people helped the driver of the Prelude to get out of the damaged car.

The driver then left the scene on foot, with what are described as facial and leg injuries. He was also seen to be bleeding from the mouth.

Police said the Prelude driver is described as an Asian man in his mid 20s, 5ft 8ins to 5ft 9ins tall, of slim build, with floppy black hair in a 'curtains' style.

He was wearing a blue-and-white T-shirt, and light blue jeans.

Anyone with information about the smash should call investigating officers at Stechford police station on 0845 113 5000.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

What a fool. Hit and run is for the lowest of the low.

It's a reminder of how careful we need to be out there. I always try to think of my car as a weapon, because if it's improperly used, someone (including myself) could get seriously hurt.

Phukaduck
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by Phukaduck »

The prelude was overtaking the third car! Go prelude!
I wonder if he had a sweet set up or if he was racing a tempo

JK Im not a heartless prick...
That's a tragedy.