H22A1 JDM engine swap problem

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Renny7
Prelude Enthusiast

H22A1 JDM engine swap problem

Post by Renny7 »

I recently insatlled a H22A1 JDM motor in my 94 prelude. The car is now idling low and while driving its starving for fuel. I was told to get it dynoed or tuned and that should fix the problem. Will it? I think its something more than tuning, maybe fuel pump or distributor? What can i do? I can barely drive the car now because its so sluggish and "non-powered" so to speak.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Sounds like it could be a timing issue. Did you properly align the timing belt and time the car with the new distributor in?

Does the motor run really rough? Are some cylinders not firing? Is your ecu throwing any codes? Tell us more about what she feels like and we'll help you out.

lude66
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: BB4

Re:

Post by lude66 »

spiffyguido wrote:Sounds like it could be a timing issue. Did you properly align the timing belt and time the car with the new distributor in?

Does the motor run really rough? Are some cylinders not firing? Is your ecu throwing any codes? Tell us more about what she feels like and we'll help you out.

X2 an the H22A1 is not a jdm the h22a is but ive heard an seen from a few people that have done this swap that the distributor for the h22a an the h22a1 are diffrent but try a tune up. (questions are you running rich or lean,do you have the right air fule mix ?)