my lude

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

lennyluscious
Prelude Enthusiast

my lude

Post by lennyluscious »

so, i got a 90 SI ABS after i slammed my 94 chevy aprice classic into bambi going 75.

i love my "new" car more than any car i've ever driven. NOTHING handles like a G3 Prelude.

just recently, i was let down to find that it's not worth the work to swap a B18C1 block/B16 LS Vtec head. but i'm cool with a H22A when my stock engine kicks the bucket.

before i post my questions, here's a pic.

so...for my questions...

i know there are some integra and civic CAIs that will "fit" this all stock auto, but does anyone know which models?

also, if i remove/relocate, a few components (battery, AC, PS etc...) that'll make room for a CAI if no easier option exists...right?

and lastly, i have heard from some reliable honda resources that the late B-series trannies are notoriously strong, and that when i swap to a H22A, to either keep my tranny, of put in another late b-series one.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

There are several CAIs that are supposed to fit. When I did mine, I found it cheaper to just make my own system. You just need two 90 degree bend pipes and a section of straight pipe in the diameter of your choosing. I used 3".

You will definately find the CAI fits better with the battery relocated. I moved mine to my trunk. Not hard, but time consuming to run the wires.

Yes, B-series trannies are tough units, most of them anyway. The tranny that is in your car will not bolt up to an H22 though, so you'll have to make the switch. I don't think that any of the other B series trannies will fit on the H22 either, but I could be wrong. As I recall, the H22 bell housing is a very unique shape when compared to the other motors.