81 prelude

Discussion topics related to all generations of Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

kiwussie
Prelude Enthusiast

81 prelude

Post by kiwussie »

hey guys i recently acquired a 81 prelude for our son. it needs a lot of work. can anyone tell me the possibilities of converting the auto to a manual 8)

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: 81 prelude

Post by spiffyguido »

Can be done.

Since this is an 81 we're talking about, you'll likely have a hard time finding parts. Not many of that year around any more.

At minimum, you'll need the shifting linkages, the manual tranny and related pieces. Not sure if you need a manual compliant ECU or not. That's a pretty old car, and I'm not sure how Honda managed their ECUs back then.

kiwussie
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by kiwussie »

yes i have already discovered the parts availability problem,i guess it will be a slow carefull rebuilt .we were just discussing that we havent seen any around of the age over here. cheers

marth
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by marth »

hi, my name is mart, but i have been known to be called the prelude mad man due to the fact that i've own 45 preludes, of all ages, generations and models... parts for the older preludes are like gold dust, but i'm one that never says no to a prelude that comes my way lol...i have got some parts off a 1984 model left after i brought a doner car to finish a project prelude which i have now sold.... i was going to keep them cause i know i will one day need them lol, but to be honest i got toooooo many prelude parts in my unit and no much room for my complete cars, all 12 (preludes of cause lol)... i have also got parts off gen's 1,2,3,4, and 5 both english and jap..
is there anything i could help you with?