I can't see the flashing light

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

prelude92
Prelude Enthusiast

i cant see the flashing light

Post by prelude92 »

hi mate i was trying to read the codes in my 92 preludesi vtec cuz i have a emission problems with it so i spot the jumper behind the cd player and i put a cable to short it as i switch the key in start position it was no light flashing the only light that was on is the check engine light and that wont help a lot or is not specifying the problem i don't really know what m gonna do so any help folks
regards

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

To clarify. The check engine light in your dash is not flashing at all? Are you sure you have an error condition? Has your check engine light come on while you're driving before?

prelude92
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by prelude92 »

hi mate and thanks for the replay
i am gonna tell u every thing about my lude 2.2 si vtec
when i start my car it start perfect but there is a strong smell of the petrol and i have that light in the dash Bord it looks like the check engine light but it`has kind of heating signs at the bottom like a little sssss just like that so i assumed that the mixture is too rich i broth it to some lazy mechanic and he said that the emission is too high and it wont pass the smoke test he said it should be 7.8 and mine is 17.9 so is too high so he said it could be ur cat converter or ur O2 SINSOR so i went to the net and i found this helpful site and i got the service check port and as i short it out and i start my engine the only light that stays on is the engine check light no flashing at all
see if i start the engine noramly the check light goes on with the rest of the other light and as soon i start it it goes off so when the engine is on the only light is on is the the one withe the little ssss at the bottom when i accelerate it goes on and when i let go the pedal it goes off all i want to do is get the right part for the right fault i hope that help u a bit thanks a lot for ur interesting
regards
zu[/img]

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

I'd like to know exactly what light is the one that is going on and off while you drive. Do you know the name of it? Look in your manual if you're not sure what it is indicating.

prelude92
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by prelude92 »

i got it mate it`s the three way catalytic converter temperature (twc)warning light it` said that when u see the light that`s means the temperature of the (twc)is abnormally high so if i change the sensor will that help to get read of the smell
regards