CV Shafts

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Red2010_2008
Prelude Guide

CV Shafts

Post by Red2010_2008 »

hey guys gettin ready to do h22a with lsd tranny, wanted to put sum stronger cv shafts on the lude when i decide to do the swap! Does anyone know what kinda cv shafts would be good to use?

Thanks
Zach!

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: CV Shafts

Post by spiffyguido »

The ones from Honda are very high quality. Do you feel that you need stronger than that?

Red2010_2008
Prelude Guide

Post by Red2010_2008 »

Where Can I Find Those? Link? Just As Long As Theyre A Strong Brand, Its A Stock H22A With LSD Tranny, Just Want It To Hold and Last Me A While. Also Wanted To Replace The Control Arms Got Any Thing You Would Prefer On That As Well? Wanting To Re-Do All My Suspension After The Swap.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com has the best prices I've seen. They're a real Honda dealer, so you're sure to get genuine parts.

I'd buy Honda control arms as well. I've seen other companies that make aluminum control arms, but for a component that important, I'd stick with the high quality cast steel pieces that Honda makes.

Red2010_2008
Prelude Guide

Post by Red2010_2008 »

when u click on the link they dont have preludes :cry:

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Try this...... http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... &catcgry5=

The link Spiffy provided was to the main page of the site. You have to select "Honda Parts Online" from the main page and then go to the model dropdown list and select Prelude and then enter the rest of the pertinent information about your specific model, engine, trans, etc.

The link I gave above, gets you to the parts list (which you will have to pick from the dropdown list) for a 1995 VTEC 5spd.

Unless you're going to be ripping this car up and down a track with an extremely overpowered engine, there's no need for anything more than the Honda CV's and control arms. Just remember, you get what you pay for and if you buy cheap, you get cheap.....and you'll be replacing the parts again in 6 months time. Go with Honda. A little more $$ but worth it in the long run.