Fifth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

milaneus
Prelude Enthusiast
Prelude Model: 2.0 innova 5G

hello from france

Post by milaneus »

hello !
In first, excuse me for my poor english vocabulary..... I learnt it 20 years ago, so you will certainly find a lot of mistakes ! :oops:
I wanted to intriduce me my car (maybe isn't it the right place?)
So, I'm from france, and juste get a 2.0 innova 5G (year 1998). It's black, with black leather seats.
I didn't know this car very much; before, I had a audi coupe 2.2 (5 cylinders), and someone wanted to buy it more expensive than I bought it. So I couldn't refuse !!! :mrgreen:
I was looking for a coupe (always) and I found this car. As soon as I saw it, I wanted one !
Honda prelude are not easy to find in france, so it took 1 month to find mine.
The only thing the owner fitted was a CAI. But I will certainly fit an original air system, beacause it's too noisy and I will get into trouble with the police.....
I'm happy to find an international friendship !
See you soon !

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: hello from france

Post by spiffyguido »

Hi Milaneus,

Thank you for introducing yourself. We're very happy that you're here! Congratulations on buying a Prelude. Post some pictures of your car if you have them, and if you need any help with it, be sure to ask us here.

Thanks for visiting!

milaneus
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by milaneus »

thanks for replying !
I have one question : in france it's difficult to find parts to increase power for my 2.0. without having to loud sound. But one day, I have seen this :
http://www.inlinefour.com/bl68tusethbo.html

Do you know them ? Have you ever heard of it ?

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Never heard of that company, but I've heard about people putting oversized throttle bodies on their car plenty of times. It does apparently help the power out, although I wouldn't expect to get more than a few horsepower this way. It should help the most at the top end of the rpm range when the engine is really trying to pull air.

milaneus
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by milaneus »

ok, thanks !
I might try it in a few monthes (at this time, I keep money for holidays next month!!! :mrgreen: ), maybe in september.
This part is interesting me because like this, I can get a more power without more sound ! The last owner fitted a CAI, but we can hear my car arriving from hundred meters !
With this throttle body, I will have no problem with the police, and with the expert if an accident happened, and the gain will be the same as a CAI I think.
This month, I fit a catalyst suppressor, irridium spark plugs, OEM airbox with K&n filter.

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 1996 Honda Prelude S

Post by S-LudeDan »

welcome! :D

milaneus
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by milaneus »

thank you !

A little picture to show that even with a prelude 5G, a family can go on holidays, with this help :

[imgImage][/img]

a lot of people where surprised to see that on this kind of car ! :mrgreen: but it was a REAL pleasure to travel, and a really really big pleasure to cruise during 2 weeks in front of the atlantic, with the sky, in this car. I absolutlely wanted to use my lude for those holidays !

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Good point.

Honda Preludes actually do make a good holiday car. A friend and I once did a 10000 km road-trip over a three week period in a 4th generation prelude, and I can't think of a better car for the job.

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 1996 Honda Prelude S

Post by S-LudeDan »

I agree with that. My daily driver is a pick-up. But when I go cruising or road trips, my Prelude comes out.