Removing Heater Vents

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

cd_boake
Prelude Enthusiast

Removing Heater Vents

Post by cd_boake »

I want to install some lights behind the heater vents right above my stereo in my '93 Prelude.
Is there an easy way to remove these vents?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Removing Heater Vents

Post by RedRacer »

First off, welcome to P Driver! Glad to see another 4th gen'r AND a new member!

It's been a while since I've yanked anything out of my center console area, but I know you have to pull the front part of the console off, then the radio has to come out and then you can access all the screws that hold the vents in place. The reason for the radio removal is because a couple of the screws that hold the vents in are not accessible until the radio comes out. They are sort of tucked back under the bottom of the vent assembly.

Now, if you have an aftermarket radio, you might get away with being able to access them without moving the radio.

I've put up images for the removal process on my site.

http://home.mindspring.com/~redracer95/stuff/id26.html

Let me know if you need anything else. And not just about this, but anything 4th Gen related.

Thanks for posting, and again, glad to have ya here! It's a good site and we need members. Tell your friends.

Josh

cd_boake
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by cd_boake »

Thanks! That diagram will be very helpful.

Connie

cd_boake
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by cd_boake »

I also would like to remove the panel between the passenger door and the windshield in order to run some wiring behind it.
Does anyone know how to do this? Does it just pop off, or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

I also would like to remove the panel between the passenger door and the windshield in order to run some wiring behind it.
Does anyone know how to do this? Does it just pop off, or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks
Not sure what you're describing here. Do you mean the A-pillar/roof support that's on each side of the windshield?

Josh

cd_boake
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by cd_boake »

Ha ha, I am not sure if that is what I meant or not. But it does not matter now, we managed to wrestle them off over the weekend.

Thanks anyway
Connie