Suggestions

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

btrfli321
Prelude Enthusiast

Suggestions

Post by btrfli321 »

This is my first post, and I'd like to get some ideas of what to do with my 93 prelude. First off, it's red...any ideas to make her look sexy are welcome. Also, the only thing not stock on my car is the intake. Anyone have any suggestions as far as turbo? headers? exhaust? All that stuff.
Oh! And my clock on my dash doesn't work right, it's always changing, does anyone know what to do with that? Thanks!

Heather

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

First of all, welcome to PreludeDriver.com, Heather. We're very happy that you found your way here.

For appearance, I would suggest any mod that helps to make your car look clean and well maintained. Preludes are beautiful cars, so they really only need subtle enhancements to appearance. I find the JDM one piece headlights to be very attractive on the 4th gens. A good set of rims always goes a long way too. Personally, I like rims from Konig and Rota. Find some that you like.

Personally, I'm not a fan of body kits, radical spoilers or clear tail lights, but I do like lip kits.

As for performance: what are you trying to build your car for? If you want a fun car to drive around every day, I would start with an exhaust, headers, and then a suspension upgrade. Turbo is always an option, but is also very expensive.

What do you mean your clock doesn't work? Does it keep resetting? Maybe the power connection is bad. Or is it doing something else?

Post up some pictures of your lude in the Just For Fun - Prelude Picture Thread.

Thanks for visiting. Come back often and tell us more about your car.

btrfli321
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by btrfli321 »

My car is definitely well maintained. I wasn't thinking about a body kit, but a lip kit would be nice. Does the one piece replace the corner light also? I do have rims on my car. Konig, they were on when I bought the car and now they've discontinued the model and someone stole one of my center caps. Which lead to an upgrade of a Viper alarm to make sure no one messed with my car again. :)
I just want a fun car, something that people will go "wow, that's a nice prelude".

The clock is weird. The hour is constantly changing while I'm driving. I guess it's like the knob to change it is stuck??? But it's always done that.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Suggestions

Post by spiffyguido »

Your guess with the button the clock is likely a good one. I can see how those could get stuck. Do you think you can get something in their to clean it out?

As per the headlights: yes, the JDM one piece headlights to include the corner lamps.

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 1996 Honda Prelude S

Re: Suggestions

Post by S-LudeDan »

spiffyguido wrote:Your guess with the button the clock is likely a good one. I can see how those could get stuck. Do you think you can get something in their to clean it out?

As per the headlights: yes, the JDM one piece headlights to include the corner lamps.
+1 on the JDM headlights. Make sure they are real. They should say Stanley on them.