5th gen forbidden short shifter update

Fifth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Hardcoredan52
Lude Dude

5th gen forbidden short shifter update

Post by Hardcoredan52 »

They make awesome work... th genners have come to love their short shifter and finally they are making one for the 5th gen... love it

Hey everyone! Just wanted to send everyone an update on the progress of the 97-01 Prelude short shifter.

As of last week I gave the go ahead to build 2 prototypes of the shifter. Designs came back good so I wanted to get something in my hand soon to start testing. One shifter will be getting installed in a local 5gen owners Prelude and the other will be shipped out shortly after to one lucky 5gen owner to do some testing with and provide feedback.

No pricing has been set yet because we are not yet to the production of the final unit. Once this becomes available I will let everyone know. Due to the demand for the product I will hopefully be able to do a very large initial run to cut down on costs. Which leads me to the next thing...

Please help spread the word! Whether it be by word of mouth or letting others know around the internet on message forums and such...any help is appreciated! I know everyone has been waiting on this for a long time and some might have thought it was never going to get done (including me!), but we're very close and I can't spread the word without everyones help.

So thanks for signing up on the site and please link others there to be notified of updates also!

P.S. - Is anyone aware of a company that successfully designed a cooling plate for the 5gen?

-Jeremy Lockhart
Forbidden Motorsports

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Dan,

Thanks for the heads up on a new product for 5th generation Preludes. I'm sure there are some people here that would definitely be interested.

Now let me momentarily put on my moderation hat:
A kind reminder to visitors of this forum's selling and advertising policies. In the course of this thread, let's be sure that we talk about this new product from an information standpoint only. ie, do not say that you are offering the product for sale and do not engage in promotional outlinking. Full site rules at: http://preludedriver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2

Hardcoredan52
Lude Dude

Post by Hardcoredan52 »

Oh I'm not trying to sell anything... I was just giving people a heads up. This is somewhat of a small site and I was just letting people now about this product. There isn't a true short shifter out there for the 5th gen anymore, and this is will be a great product for sure...

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Hardcoredan52 wrote:Oh I'm not trying to sell anything... I was just giving people a heads up. This is somewhat of a small site and I was just letting people now about this product. There isn't a true short shifter out there for the 5th gen anymore, and this is will be a great product for sure...
I know you're not trying to sell, I'm just reminding people so that noone ends up going the wrong direction with this conversation.

Anyway, back to the short shifter: Any word on the price?

Sir Kyle
Lude Dude

Post by Sir Kyle »

Sweet, cant wait to hear the feed back.I'd be interested in one. Ive been looking for a cooling plate too. for like four years. Might have to find a fabricator.
'00 SH

WTB- JDM Type S interior items
WTB- wings west rear

Eucalyptus_Lude_97
Prelude Enthusiast
Prelude Model: '97 SH

Re: 5th gen forbidden short shifter update

Post by Eucalyptus_Lude_97 »

I would definitely be interested in a short throw shift. Definitely keep us posted on the developments.