Question regarding mileage

Fifth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Zaszolo
Prelude Enthusiast

Question regarding mileage

Post by Zaszolo »

Greetings to all,

I'm very new to the Prelude world, and I currently have my eyes spotted on one for sale.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... &cardist=6

My question is regarding the mileage. At 95,624 miles, would it be worth purchasing? I know there is the possibility to drop a new engine into it, but I wouldn't be a fan of doing so if it looked like my vehicle only had a few thousand left in its lifetime.

Any information would be much appreciated. I just looked this car up tonight, so there are many questions I haven't asked just yet.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Question regarding mileage

Post by spiffyguido »

Welcome to the forum!

Is there something wrong with the engine that's in it? A Honda engine can easily last longer than 90K miles, especially an engine like the H22 in that car.

Besides the engine, you just need to look into the basics. The electricals, brakes, tranny should all be fine. I would pay special attention to the ball joints, suspension, alignment, CV joints, Timing Belt, etc. A good test drive will reveal any problems if you pay attention. If you do drive it, listen for knocks and jiggles that sound unnatural.

Zaszolo
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by Zaszolo »

Thank you for the warm welcome =)

It does make sense that Honda engines would last over 90,000 miles, but I was unsure if the Prelude was an exception to the rule or what not.

In either case, I drove the car around, and everything feels just fine. Just. Fine. I'm going to have a professional give it an examination, but from the get-go, and for the week that I have had this car, everything seems in place.

Thank you for the heads up of what to look for. =)

Now I am a proud owner of a 2000 Honda Prelude. WOoooooo

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Congratulations your purchase! You're going to love the car.

Be sure to keep stopping by here and letting us know how it is. Post up some pictures in the Prelude Picture Thread in the Just For Fun Forum too.