Prelude curse no women bad Brakes octane hell ?

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

meanvtec
Prelude Enthusiast

Prelude curse no women bad Brakes octane hell ?

Post by meanvtec »

I actually talked to a pretty asian girl with a 94 vtec at the time i had no car bum.
Any rate i finally purchased a high mileage 93 from the stealer its faster smoother than the new civic si or rsx in my opion but it old and keeps braking.
As for women they notice the car but im always streesed out it going to break which always seem to happen close to my house fortunatley forntunatly .
Im runing low 89 octane it seems fine but the mileage is awfull i bled the brakes put in dot4 itt all leaked out ABS light and idiot light on the Dash board is wierd on the 93
. Thinking of replacing brake lines wit stainless and new bleed screw put in KN panel filter cold air duct and cheap high flow muffler it really sounds faster and feel like more top end
also burning some oil and leaking at Distrubutor great car lot of stress. Thank you

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Prelude curse no women bad Brakes octane hell ?

Post by spiffyguido »

Okay. Let's see if I can paraphrase the problems you're having:

-Poor fuel mileage
-ABS Light
-Brakes leak
-Oil leaking from distributor.

How poor is the mileage? What type of mileage are you getting?

Do you notice any brake symptoms that might be related to the ABS light? Did you bleed the ABS system? If you didn't, don't. The ABS system should not be bled. Do the brakes shudder when you roll to a stop?

Where are your brakes leaking from? At the bleed screw? In the lines? At the master cylinder? At the caliper?

The oil leaking from the distributor is probably originating due to a bad seal. Is it coming out from under valve cover?