Basic membership on PreludeDriver.com has always been free and we are going to keep it that way. At its core, this site is committed to helping Honda Prelude owners maintain and enjoy their cars, and we want the majority of the information here to be available to all people free of charge. However, this site does cost money to maintain, and to help cope with these costs, we have decided to introduce an optional Premium Membership. This will allow us to continue to sustain and expand this site for years to come.
So why become a premium member? First and foremost you will be helping to support this site in its quest to promote Honda Prelude ownership. There are other benefits as well. Premium Members will be able to use PreludeDriver.com features not available to basic members.
Here is a list of the Premium Membership benefits:
- Avatars - As a Premium Member, you will be able to add an Avatar picture to your profile.
- Signatures - As a Premium Member, you will be allowed to include a signature with your profile. Your signature will appear at the base of all your posts.
- Private Messaging - Premium Members will be granted access to this site's private messaging tool.
- Drafts - Premium Members will be allowed to save drafts of posts.
For now, the cost of a full year membership is only $5.00 USD. If you would rather pay monthly, the monthly fee is $1.00 USD per month. The benefits of membership the same regardless of payment frequency.
- We reserve the right to change membership fees at any time. Current Premium Membership holders will be affected by any price change at their next payment cycle (yearly or monthly).
- Premium Membership doesn't mean that the rules of the site don't apply. As a Premium Member, you are still obligated to obey all the site rules and if there are any violations you will be dealt with in the same way as a basic member.
- The membership fee is non-refundable. If you get banned or are otherwise unable to access the site you are not entitled to a refund of any sorts.
- Billing will be completely handled through the PayPal subscription service. No exceptions. Memberships will automatically renew at the end of their term, so if you wish to cancel your membership, it is your responsibility. We will not issue refunds to anyone who 'meant to cancel, but forgot'.
- The period that your Premium Membership will be centered around the date that access is granted, not around the date payment is sent. For example, if you pay for a yearly membership on May 6, 2009 and we activate your Premium Membership on May 10, 2009, your Premium Membership will expire on May 10, 2010. This applies to members who pay month-to-month as well.
- Although we make every effort reply promptly to all member requests, please be patient if we aren't able to activate your membership for a period of time. Even site administrators take vacation from time to time. We will get you set up as soon as we can. Thank you for your understanding.
- Moderators are given access to all features of the site, but are not charged a Premium Membership fee.
Ready for a Premium Membership?
Premium Memberships are no longer offered.
Memberships will automatically renew when their cycle comes up. It is your responsibility to cancel the subscription using PayPal if you no longer want to have a premium membership. No refunds will be issued in the event that you forget to unsubscribe yourself on time.