wiring jdm fenders

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Red2010_2008
Prelude Guide

Re: wiring jdm fenders

Post by Red2010_2008 »

thanks cuz the idiots on preludeonline make fun of me and talk trash cuz I always ask. Now also, would i have to get a new light bulb to make it turn on with my parking lights and my turn signal....not sure if the bulb is a 2 stage bulb if that makes since?....... :?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

I think the bulb provided will work as parking or blink. It's probably a 168 or 194 wedge type bulb.

Red2010_2008
Prelude Guide

Post by Red2010_2008 »

wat you mean by wedge and whats the numbers mean lol

RedRacer

Post by RedRacer »

Those are the bulb numbers. 194 and 168 are the exact same size...the difference between them is that 168 is rated at a higher wattage. A 168 will be brighter, but not last as long as a 194.

Wedge is referring to the type of bulb. It's kind of a wedge shape and it just slides into the plug, like a wedge.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

A wedge bulb:
wedge.jpg
wedge.jpg (8.23 KiB) Viewed 16772 times
They come in all different colors. Most times, you just need the clear ones.

Red2010_2008
Prelude Guide

Post by Red2010_2008 »

so in order for my bulb to blink and stay on with my parking lights im gunna have to get a clear 194 wedge bulb? kinda confused, never heard of that before lol.

RedRacer

Post by RedRacer »

No, that's not it at all. The wiring (which has been described in previous post) is what will determine what your bulbs do when you turn on the signal or parking lights. Doesn't matter what kind of bulb is in there. The wiring and the relay in the fuse box will take care of that.

I don't know what kind of unit you bought or came with your fenders. Don't know what kind of bulb came with it. Shouldn't matter either way.

You asked what bulbs normally are in those lights, and in most cases they're push in wedge bulbs.

You asked what the wedge aspect meant and what the numbers meant and that's what was answered.

Do you actually have the bulbs and the fixtures? If so, what kind of bulb is in the light that came with the fenders?

Nobody can tell you which bulb goes in your lighting fixture hardware until you know what kind you have or are getting.

It all depends on what the hardware is.

If you've got the fixture and hardware and there's a bulb provided when you get it, then just wire them up and see what happens. Shouldn't matter what the bulb is or are as long as they fit in the connector or socket.