UGLY LUDE....BEFORE PICS

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

1990whitepreluded
Lude Dude

UGLY LUDE....BEFORE PICS

Post by 1990whitepreluded »

Well here goes guys....I have found a guy that does local work out of his garage....gunna paint the lude for $400...I am going to have him do a little more work so it will cost a bit more, but wayyyy better than the local one stage shop. Anyway it'll be base coat clear coat...Check out the link below to see his work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE5H60GAS7g

Anyway well here is the the before pics....after pics won't be here for a week or so.
DSC02347.JPG
DSC02348.JPG
DSC02349.JPG
DSC02350.JPG
DSC02351.JPG
DSC02352.JPG

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

icepick
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: 89 si

Re: UGLY LUDE....BEFORE PICS

Post by icepick »

nice id like to see the paint job after !!!!

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Can't wait to see the result. Nothing like a new paintjob.

I take it you're keeping it white? I love white ludes.

1990whitepreluded
Lude Dude

Seriously considered going black but that would be tons more money and work....so yes white she will be. Just picked up a factory wing today as the LEDs are out in the aftermarket one that was on the car.(it was such a close match I had no idea it wasn't stock) Found some other odds and ends I had been looking for...rubber hood stops that seem to be missing out of every lude I see. Oh yeah the cig lighter in mine had gone out and was missing the lighter...I don't smoke but it will get it that much closer to original. Got all the parts from Honda to put the tag lights back in business as they are rusted and burned out with cracked lenses. I hear its the little things that make it nice....we shall see.

CC
- Do What You Can With What You Have Where You Are - Theodore Roosevelt

1990whitepreluded
Lude Dude

Well folks the lude is out of the body shop and has been for some time. Most all trim and seal pieces have been put back on. The crackheads that did the bodywork left some waves in my doors, but I only paid $600 for the paint job and it looks really good for that money. I will post pics eventually, but while fishing in MN someone stole my camera while I was in a diner eating lunch.... :evil:. Anyhoo...still burning oil so I am going to put a Cat back on for now as that should kill some of the blue smoke, and will most likely sell her as is. Then its off to find a 2nd gen or a 5th Gen with a good body so I don't have to fool with trying to get her straight. I do love the prelude and you boys have been loads of help. Will post finish pics as soon as possible.

Chris.
- Do What You Can With What You Have Where You Are - Theodore Roosevelt

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Looking forward to those pics.

Get the 2nd gen.

So. Much. Fun.

I had 2 2nd gens before I got my 3rd gen, and I loved both of those cars to bits. In many ways, they are the best Prelude. A good 1986/87 SI Prelude is a barrel of monkeys to drive. I don't know what it is about them, but it just works.