Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

elspectro29
Prelude Guide
Prelude Model: 93 S and 91 Si

Hasport BBK1 Engine Mount Kit

Post by elspectro29 »

Check this out.

http://hasport.com/store/index.php/bbk1.html

It's an engine mount kit to fit either a K24A2 or K24A4 into a 4th gen. It's not cheap, but it's a brilliant idea to keep a modern-looking car from having to stay with 15-year-old technology.
#3 has arrived

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Hasport BBK1 Engine Mount Kit

Post by spiffyguido »

Hasport makes good stuff too. I've heard of several people using their mounts and being very please with the quality and fit.

elspectro29
Prelude Guide

Post by elspectro29 »

I briefly considered this swap, but decided to just stay with the F22 and tune it some. I'll elaborate on it in the 3rd gen thread.
#3 has arrived

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

If you were to do a swap, I'd probably start coaxing you in the direction of an H22.

There's no question that the K-series is a good engine, perhaps even one of Honda's best in recent years. But the H22 has 1st generation VTEC and is a masterpiece in its own right. If you've ever driven an H22 equipped 4th gen you know what type of magic lies within.

elspectro29
Prelude Guide

Post by elspectro29 »

At this point, a swap would be a project I would probably never complete. I have too many things going on now. My wrecked car has VTEC, which is why I was so torn about what to do with it. My dad's SH also has an H22, and I want to use that car's ease of takeoff as a target for whatever I do on the F22. The guy I bought it from was going to put a small turbo in it, but from what I've read of this turbo it would be pretty useless in a 2.2 liter engine. It's best suited for motorcycles, even though it came from a Saab. I'm interested in ECU tuning, and yet another spare part that came with the 93 was a P14 ECU, so I want to see what can be done with that to add a bit of speed.
#3 has arrived