Hello All! Am I doing this correctly?

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

robert n
Prelude Enthusiast

Hello All! Am I doing this correctly?

Post by robert n »

Hi All, I am new to this forum and have learned lots just by reading stuff here. I want to know if I am viewing/downloading the repair manuals correctly. I have a 1995 Prelude SI. Since there is no 1995 Manual....When downloading the manuals (.pdf) am I suppose to select:

1. 1992 Honda Prelude Shop Manual (62SS000)
then
2. 1995 Honda Prelude Shop Manual Supplement (52SS022)

I Searched the forum and could not find if this was how I am suppose to do get the correct information for my '95 SI. I am looking forward to reading more on this forum in order to attempt a Timing Belt, waterpump and cam seal replacement.

Thanks,
Robert

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Hello All! Am I doing this correctly?

Post by spiffyguido »

Yes, you've got the right idea with the manuals. The 1992 manual is the main manual for the 4th gen Preludes (1992 thru 1996). The supplementary manuals cover additional information that became relevant as the models were adjusted and improved.

The procedure required to change your timing belt will be detailed in these manuals. However, I'll also point you to our videos page where you can watch a demonstration of a timing belt, water pump and cam seal job done on a third generation Prelude. Although some of the parts will differ and the torque specs may be different, many of the steps you'll have to do are very similar.

videos.php

There are 12 videos that take over 2 hours to watch all together. A lot of material to get through, but you'll likely find it helpful.

robert n
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by robert n »

thanks spiffyguido! I did watch the 12 videos regarding the timing belt replacement. It was very informative. my only concern is getting that 19mm bolt off the crankshaft main pulley. I don't have an impact wrench...I may have to look into renting or borrowing one....or Maybe that special tool you mention on ebay.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Some stores even have tool loaner programs where you might be able to borrow an impact wrench for free. If not, a quick rental isn't such a bad idea. Or, as you said, the special tool off eBay is a great solution as well.