Parts!

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

tonedef1976
Prelude Enthusiast

Parts!

Post by tonedef1976 »

Hey guys, brand new user here.

I'm currently on my 3rd Prelude, 1 2nd gen and two 3rd's. Can't seem to get enough of them! What I HAVE had enough of though, is my inability to find parts for these beauties when they break. My current is a '91 with the B20A5, and it just fired up for the first time yesterday after 7 months of sitting. The person that owned the car before me neglected this car BADLY. (Hose clamps were holding the battery cables onto the posts, etc.) I had an idea of what I was getting myself into, but nothing could've prepared me for the absolute HORROR I went through to find the parts I needed to get her running again. I live in Green Bay, WI and drove all the way to St. Louis, MO to get this car, if that gives you any idea of how Prelude addicted I am.

I got a little long winded there, but here's what I'm asking:

Does anyone have a secret stash of 3rd generation parts sitting in a shed somewhere in backwoods Kentucky? Ideally, I would like to find a 3rd gen with a bad motor and just kinda pick through it and take what I need. Even if someone has a line on a site or a junkyard that has some parts that you've found in your searches, a link or a phone number would be appreciated. I was gonna sell her after I got her running, but when she fired up after 2 revolutions after having sat for 7 months, I knew we were meant to be together. Now the mission continues to restore her and make her the beauty she used to be.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Parts!

Post by spiffyguido »

Glad you've decided to restore a lude. One more of them on the streets is never a bad thing.

Not sure if there is one in your area, but I get a lot of parts from a Pick N' Pull wrecking yard. Any self-service wrecker is a great place to pick up parts. Most areas have one.

For online, www.hondaautomotiveparts.com is hands down the place to go if you're in the U.S. Great prices, and awesome selection.

Otherwise, keep an eye on ebay, etc for a parts car. Watch the bargain finder too. Sometimes if you need a lot of parts it's cheaper to get a donor car and use two cars to build one.