new here

Discussion topics related to all generations of Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

dhallmaus
Prelude Enthusiast
Prelude Model: 1991 si (hopefully)

new here

Post by dhallmaus »

looking to buy a '91 prelude either in si or the 4ws but the si has a clicking noise when the hood is popped and from what i can gather its the fuel injector. does anyone know anything about this or if its a problem. its not a loud clicking, seeing as how it can only be heard with the hood popped, but i dont want to buy a ruined car.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: new here

Post by spiffyguido »

The click that you're hearing could be coming from either the injectors or the valves. Both are normal sounds. Injectors actually do make a fairly audible click when they open, and it's not uncommon to have valves make click sounds as well. Chances are, everything is fine. Just make sure you test drive the car and see that it runs well, and all should be fine. Worst case, you may have to replace the injector, which is really easy to do, but if the car is running well, it'll be just fine.

dhallmaus
Prelude Enthusiast
Prelude Model: 1991 si (hopefully)

Re: new here

Post by dhallmaus »

thanks, actually u were the one that refered me to this site, off of youtube. i test drove it and it handles beautifully, the only other thing is a little rust around the wheel wells as it was a jersey car. but the pros far out weigh the cons.