windows...

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

dougler
Lude Dude

windows...

Post by dougler »

so just the other day my windows were down and my girlfriend noticed that her side would not go up. so i later took off the panel and tested for voltage. it seemed fine with about 12.4 v each way getting to the motor.. would this mean my motor is burnt or could something else be wrong?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: windows...

Post by spiffyguido »

Did you check the fuse, and the passenger window disable switch?

When do you get the 12.4V? When the window control butten is pushed, or are you seeing that voltage any time?

dougler
Lude Dude

Post by dougler »

i checked the fuse its good. i don't know about the switch tho? where is it? i cant even put it up on my side. i tested the wires going to the motor. there were two wires one had power when the switch was pushed up and the other had power when pused down.

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Sounds to me like you've found the positive leads for the two directions of window movement. Make sure the negative (ground) wire is also there and functional.

Make sure as well that the window isn't just stuck because of alignment. If the window became misaligned for some reason, it wouldn't go up.

dougler
Lude Dude

Post by dougler »

back to this... my window just randomly started working for a day and a half or so and then it got stuck this time.. it is stuck up so that is a great convince for me but would still like to get it working? so what would the problem be for it to be randomly working and stop working in both positions.

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Phantom problems that come and go are almost electrical. I would be double sure about your wiring. Check the switches, fuses and connections. There must be a short somewhere or something that is giving you trouble. Don't factor out the switch on the driver's side as this is also in the circuit.