1989 Prelude problem * 2Questions*

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

chi_town
Lude Dude

1989 Prelude problem * 2Questions*

Post by chi_town »

Last night, i dropped a nut into the inspection cap which is located on the passenger side of the car....

I dont know how i can even get it out of there, or if it will ruin anything but it was just the nut that is located on the thermostat housing which u would remove to drain the coolant..

Any ideas? I would really like to get this car, near drivable so i can drive it finally "Legally"

Now for problem too, when i brake it seems to pull, and the brake res is full, i was told its the rubber break line on the driver side.. and when i tryed to bleed the lines , nothing much comes out ... ANy ideas?

Chi_Town

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: 1989 Prelude problem * 2Questions*

Post by spiffyguido »

I'm assuming that you are referring to the inspection slot to look at the flywheel, correct? It is right where the transmission bell housing meets the block. Am I correct?

If that is the case, you can get the nut out by jacking the car and taking off the thing debris plate on the bottom end of the bell housing. You'll see it when you're under the car looking at where the transmission meets the engine on the bottom. I think you just have to undo about 4 small bolts/screws and it comes right off. You'll be able to fish the nut out. I wouldn't suggest driving the car until you've retrieved the nut. The last thing you want is for the nut to be flying around inside the bell housing and possibly wreck a cog or worse.

As for your brakes:

Can you see any problems with your brake lines? Try to bleed again, and make sure that you're opening the bleed bolt enough on the brake caliper. The bleed bolts flow depending on how far they are opened. You may have just not opened it far enough to get some good flow. I've never heard of a brake line getting plugged, but one could get crimped I suppose. Check your lines, including the metal ones under the hood to ensure that all is good. Just race the line from the bad side back to the master cylinder.