92 lude won't go into R or 1st when I start it up.

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

crizma
Lude Lady
Prelude Model: 1994 S

92 lude won't go into R or 1st when I start it up.

Post by crizma »

Yesterday I started my car (92 SI standard) and it would not go into Reverse, so I turned it off and put it in gear and restarted it and it was okay.

Today it started out the same way, and now I noticed my clutch seems to be halfway to the floorboard all the time. It still won't hardly go into first even after I turn it off and put in gear. Second gear through 5th aren't so bad , but they are more resistant when I shift into that gear than they were before . My clutch doesn't feel right either, the springiness isn't so springy.

As I was reading of other prelude owners clutch problems, I learned of what the problem could be .... I did not know that 5 speed cars used transmission fluid :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . Two years ago when I purchased my 92 prelude (that I dearly love!) I sure thought that someone told me that standard cars do not use transmission fluid. Feeling a little sick to my stomach at the thought I may have caused my car to have problems.

It would be nice if the problem was a cheap as adding transmission fluid, if I have not ruined anything. :oops:

I like to check with you guys before I go to a mechanic, just to have an idea of what the problem could be, what $ to expect. Please help.

Thank you.
Attachments
1992 prelude SI 4ws
1992 prelude SI 4ws
176418_18647466a24119_1404621374_2134932_1611290_o.jpg (25.78 KiB) Viewed 5954 times

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

crizma
Lude Lady

Re: 92 lude won't go into R or 1st when I start it up.

Post by crizma »

Just letting you know the problem was my master cylinder. I pick my car up from mechanic tomorrow :mrgreen: :D

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Fixed before any of us could reply. Sorry about that.

Sweet looking lude btw.

crizma
Lude Lady

Post by crizma »

Thank you, I dearly love my car.

My car was fixed before any of you peeps got home from work, so it's no problem at all : ) . How amazing is it that it was fixed THAT fast, very happy with new mechanic. However , anytime I have a problem I will always consult other Prelude lovers on preludedriver.com . ONly other lude drivers truly understand how special Preludes are.

UPDATE on car results , in case some one else experiences the problem I had.

Clutch master cylinder is what I needed and the my mechanic charged me 131.25 before tax.