Battery light flashing

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

J.Hanson
Prelude Enthusiast

Battery light flashing

Post by J.Hanson »

Just bought a 96 Prelude s and the only problem i seem to be having is when i accelerate the battery light starts flashing and then stays on as i put on the gas. I was wondering if this has anything to do with the system that's installed in it?
Just a 10" sub and an amp, also has an in-dash Navi, not sure if that makes a difference just need a little help. thanks.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Battery light flashing

Post by spiffyguido »

The battery light flashing indicates a discharge situation. My guess is that your alternator is about ready to fail or there is a problem with the electrical hookups.

I'd start by checking the alternator.

J.Hanson
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by J.Hanson »

took the battery to auto zone and got it tested. Battery was completely dead so i bought a new one. battery light still turns on and off when i do random things like turn the ac on or even just turn the volume up on the radio. Pretty sure the electrical wiring is all messed up seeing as how he has the remote start, aftermarket alarm, Sirius radio, the in-dash navigation and who knows what else. Seems like there are just a bunch of wires mashing together causing problems. Gonna have a buddy check it out whose good with electrical problems. Thanks for the reply i appreciate the help.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

I think you've taken a wise course of action. There could very well be a short in your wiring somewhere causing the car to discharge. Trace all the wires carefully and remove what isn't needed.