Help

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

lisamay
Prelude Enthusiast

Help

Post by lisamay »

hello, so i have a honda prelude 92 when i go and turn it on it automatically turns off, the ab light does come up, what does this mean ?
i know my brake fluid is low is this why.??

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Help

Post by spiffyguido »

You've certainly got an issue with your ABS system. Did the car just start having this problem? How low is your brake fluid?

lisamay
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by lisamay »

awww man. i have no idea probably really low, when i took it in to get a warrent about a month ago the mechanic said to top up on break fluid but im useless and just never got around to it. the car has heaps of problems it has a oil leak also the rear right tire has a different rim to the others its also wired different ??as i was unable to get a wheel allignment i already spent so much on it

and to answer your question yes it only just started doing this and still is

i hate this car! lol

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

I'd start by getting the brake fluid topped up. A bottle of brake fluid only costs about $10 and for your own safety and that of others you should always make sure your brakes are working well.

Directions on how to fill the brake fluid will be in your owners manual. All you really need to do is open the hood, open the brake fluid reservoir (on the driver's side of the car, generally, near the firewall, and fill the reservoir to the upper fill line, then replace the cap.