Having Issues With My Radiator. Please Offer Advice

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

TedPlemons
Prelude Enthusiast

Having Issues With My Radiator. Please Offer Advice

Post by TedPlemons »

Hello everyone.

First of all, I hope I've posted this in the correct section. Forgive me If I haven't. I'm ok with it being moved to its correct forum section if need be.

Anyways, I own a 94 Honda Prelude. This car has been great to me since I purchased it used from a buddy just over a year ago. It's fulfilled its job quite well, while sparing me any headache. However, just yesterday my car overheated on me. When I got home I inspected its radiator and found that this part was to blame. It showed signs of leakage and a majority of the fins were severely bent. I know that replacement is my only option at this point, but before I do so, I'd like some advice. I've decided to purchase an aftermarket version online, but don't know which companies are reputable. I've found two that I particularly like but before I buy from one of them, I'd like some sort of verification that they are a legitimate business. I almost never buy anything online so I don't know how to spot a scam, and I can't afford to be scammed.

Has anyone dealt with either of the following companies and can verify that they are a legitimate company? The parts on each site match the OEM number of the part I need.. Thanks in advance.

http://www.partsultimate.com/product/70262
or
http://www.radiatorspot.com/honda/prelu ... ml#NDUzOTU

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Having Issues With My Radiator. Please Offer Advice

Post by spiffyguido »

Sorry, I don't have any experience with the vendors you listed. Have you considered Amazon? A lot of people report good experiences buying car parts there, and the prices are great. They have a good return policy, and a method to verify fitment.

I did a search for a 1994 Honda Prelude SI with a 2.3L engine and manual transmission. There were several options, such as the following:

Spectra Premium CU1572 Complete Radiator
Note: As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

I wasn't sure what the exact trim level is that you have, so you can use the search on Amazon and zero in on what will fit for you.