95 Prelude Swap to a 96 F22b1 Vtec Help

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

oldfartsplayto
Prelude Enthusiast

95 Prelude Swap to a 96 F22b1 Vtec Help

Post by oldfartsplayto »

OK here is my project 95 lude S body completely stripped inside only wiring is the rear harness (lights, Fuel), front harness (fans, lights).
Also have a complete 92 Si body trashed its the donor car for all the H23a1 parts, an the complete interior, new springs, struts, upper
control arms. I have a header, down pipe, an cool air intake system to go with the build.

Engines (status)
F22b1 (obd2) 96 Accord 2 door coupe. Runs good
F22a1 (obd1) 95 Prelude S no head needs rebuild
H23a1 (obd1) 92 Prelude SI runs dogged out not sure if good choice (maybe future swap)
F23a4 (obd2)(ulec) 2000 Accord motor total apart. but head is complete.

Transmission
M2L5 5 speed 95 Prelude S

ECU's
P14 automatic non vtec 92 Prelude SI
P12 Manual vtec 95 Prelude S
P05 automatic vtec 96 Accord

Wiring Harness
95 S harness
92 SI harness
96 Accord

Intake, Throttle Body’s
H23a1
F23a4
F22b1

So with the above options any recommendations? Don't have the cash to rebuilt H23 at this time. I was thinking using the F22b1 motor,
the M2L5 transmission, 96 accord harness an a obd2 to obd1 conversion harness, the P14. I have been looking at the pin outs for the three
ECU's main concerning is the Knock sensor as I'm still trying to see which pin is the knock on the P05 ecu.

The thing that makes me think about using obd2 is the car will not fall under the 96 emission rules.

Thanks for any help..
You can email me at: oldfartsplayto@gmail.com

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: 95 Prelude Swap to a 96 F22b1 Vtec Help

Post by spiffyguido »

As far as I know, all the F and H series engines of that era have similar bell housings so you shouldn't have any trouble mounting up the transmission. Since you're using a 5-spd transmission I'm not certain that you can use the P14 ECU because you indicated it to be for an automatic transmission car. You'll need an ECU for a manual transmission engine.

The conversion harness should work fine. Regarding the pinout for the ECU, have a look over a PGMFI.org. They have some pinouts there I believe that may help you.