Air fuel mix problem please help :(

Fifth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

JAPspecbaby
Prelude Enthusiast

Air fuel mix problem please help :(

Post by JAPspecbaby »

Hi I have a 5th gen tat I've owned for 6 years. It has pretty much everything bolt on and about 6 months ago I put a H22 from japan and it came with everything but trany....ok now that u have the history down....it is having a horrible air fuel ratio problem starting small about a year ago with the old motor. When it started it would just lose a little power while warming up or idol a little low at red lights so I just made sure it was completely warmed up before I drove it. Then it started sputerring and bogging even when it was warmed up and I would have to pull over and
the motor would vibrate and jump around then actually "fix" itself after letting it idol for about 3 min by throwing the rpms up to about 1400 then it would go back down to like 800 and be totally smooth and ready to drive. Unfortunately today was the last time it let me drive off after fixing itself.... it is just bogging out so bad I wish I could show a video of it. So when it started I thought it was the o2 sensor or tps but both of those things came with the new motor... Another thing is with the swap the h22 I got was out of a 4th gen meaning obd1 so my friend rewired the harness to match my obd2.... Also the distributor and cap and plugs all came with the new motor, and when I say new I mean a motor that came from a warehouse that imports the motors they drop from there "old" cars in japan where they have to drop them before 50,000 miles. It was a great deal and very clean inside and out. Anyway let me know if u have any suggestions on what to look for next or maybe a way of testing the ecu.... Thanks :)

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Air fuel mix problem please help :(

Post by spiffyguido »

Is the engine throwing any CEL codes?

preludenick
Prelude Enthusiast

Re: Air fuel mix problem please help :(

Post by preludenick »

try adjusting the valves, i had a similar issue and it ran so much better