Oil pan gasket and valve adjustment

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Zack Prelude91
Lude Dude

Oil pan gasket and valve adjustment

Post by Zack Prelude91 »

hai spiffy,

Firstly,how to remove oil pan?do i have to pull out the exhaust only and other things like crankcase etc?i try to look at the manual book but there is none.is it that hard

secondly,can i do valve adjustment if my car is auto or valve adjustment only can do it at manual transmission?i met this mechanic,he said my prelude cannot do valve adjustment because it is twin cam and auto transmission.I believe from what i read from other thread valve adjustment can be done on our prelude.Please advise me on this,

btw just to recall my prelude is 1991 ba5 twin cam

Thanks

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Oil pan gasket and valve adjustment

Post by spiffyguido »

Oil pan is pretty easy to remove. You may have to get the exhaust out of the way, but onther than that you can just drop the oil pan off the bottom of the engine after you undo all the bolts that hold it in place, if I'm remembering correctly.

Valve adjustment can be done on Preludes that are manual or automatic. Whether the car is an auto or a manual doesn't impact the engine, only the transmission. See the videos section on this website for a tutorial on how to do a valve clearance adjustment.