One less prelude in the world

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Derek R
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: 92 SR

One less prelude in the world

Post by Derek R »

Sunday night my son rolled the lude. It's a total loss. He swerved to miss a deer and ditched it after it hit the ditch it rolled over on to the passenger side before comming to rest on the roof. He walked away from the accident, which is be far the most important thing. Have had the lude towed home and it is currently under a tarp. Will start to strip it tonight and save anything that is salvagable. Parts should include most interior parts, front and back seats black in color, rear tail lights, trunks lid, engine and tranny, two rims, spare tire, all computers, interior trim and panels, dash and anything else I can salvage. I still feel at times like it's a nightmare that the lude is gone. Have thought about getting a new 4th gen body in good condition and starting over, I guess I have all the spare parts I need. Just not sure if I want that kind of project right now. If anyone knows of someone who is looking for any of these parts let me know I have to make a decision right away if I selling or gonna rebuild.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is one less lude in the world. If I rebuild or not I will continue to be an active member on this site.

Drive safe and keep it between the lamp posts.

Derek

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: One less prelude in the world

Post by spiffyguido »

Really sorry to hear it, but as you said, the most important thing is that everyone is okay.

I lost a Prelude to a deer once as well. Not fun.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Derek R
Lude Dude

Post by Derek R »

Right now I'm looking for a good condition body to tranfer everything into. But so far not alot of luck finding anything, but it has only been a couple of days. Will continue to look. If anyone know of a 4th gen body in good condition, all I need is the body with exterior panels in good shape, the interior can be completly stripped or destroyed I don't care, please let me know. I figure there has to be one in a salvage yard somewhere in alberta, that has been stripped but still in good condition body and frame wise. keep your eyes open for me guys.

If I can't find one well I guess the parts will all go up for sale.

Derek

lude66
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: BB4

Post by lude66 »

srry to hear that are you willing to travle for another lude

theGarrick
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by theGarrick »

Sorry to hear about your Prelude. I'm new here and to Preludes, just bought my first one yesterday and if you decide to sell I am looking for an H23 engine if you have one. Good luck.

Derek R
Lude Dude

Post by Derek R »

Sorry Garrick

Right now I plan on rebuilding the lude, Have replaced the car with a beater until I can find a 4th gen body in decent condition. But if I change my mind later down the road I will contact you.