Fuel Line question

Discussion topics related to all generations of Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

Leeboy
Prelude Enthusiast

Fuel Line question

Post by Leeboy »

Hi everyone, i have a 87 prelude, and i am turning it into a mini stock race car. Its in the beginners class called the hornet division. We are not allowed any modifications, as long as it is safe. My question is, i want to weld some plates to the rockers, and to the corner of the rear part of the car where the rocker runs into the back seat mounting area to mount the cage. My problem is, what can i do with the fuel lines.They run right down the rockers and go into the floor where i would like the cage to attach.. I understand they are 60 psi or so, so you cant cut them and then just clamp them..Can i safely re-route them? Or add a differnet kind of line and go under the car or something? ..Any ideas for me so i can do some safe welding? Thanks....

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Fuel Line question

Post by spiffyguido »

I would just re-route the lines, if I were you. Not knowing the specific configuration of your cage, I can't offer any suggestions on where you should route them, but don't be afriad to rip out the stock lines and replace them with your own route. You can use similar hose to run the lines however you want to the front of the car.

Leeboy
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by Leeboy »

Sounds good......So, do you need all those lines? Or can you use just the 2 lines....There is also 2 running down the passenger side rockers..Do i need to use those as well?

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

There's more than two? I didn't know that. I always thought that the fuel system used an inlet hose and a return hose, nothing more. You can rig up whatever you can figure out. In prinicipal, two lines should be all your need.

Leeboy
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by Leeboy »

Ya, your right, i followed the lines , and there was only 2.....So im a little relieved, now, so i will re-route under car and add my cage..Thanks Forum!