Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Would you give him 11,000 dollars?

Post by RedRacer »

http://tinyurl.com/gat77

This Ebay auction has ended with ZERO bids. Gosh, I wonder why? :shock:

The car is clean, but it's all about the stereo and paint, not the mechanics of the car. In fact, I would bet money that he knows very little about drivetrains, etc. Doesn't mean it's not in good shape, but I just have no place for show cars like that with so much money invested in amps, lights and mirrors. But to each his own..........

So, based on that, no way could I hand him that kind of cash. Regardless of mileage.

Well Spiff, whattya say? Would YOU give him the cash?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

What is all that crap in the interior!?!?!

The mileage is impressive, but mine's not too far behind. Big deal. When did mileage really make that much difference to Honda engineering anyway?

The car is really just a paint job, that's about it. The paint looks pretty good, but I doubt that up close it's exceptional. I'm not sure I like his choice of color either. Gold/Silver is for 4-door Cavaliers and mom's minivan.

Why the heck did he paint the plastic hood bezel for the windshield pissers? I think it looks trashy to not have the beautiful black bar running along the hood with two perky washer pissers poking out. Gosh.

Oh look! He's missing his trim piece for the from lip of the hood. Too bad, those are hard to find. And look, he's taken the Honda emblem off the front of the car. What is it with people and taking the emblems off their vehicles. I drive a Honda, I love that I drive a Honda and so I advertise it to the world by leaving the factory badging on my car.

I can't believe he took the "prelude" word out of his back center light. That small details ranks among my most favorite things on a 3rd gen.

Is that dual exhaust? Silly. Nothing but added weight. When will people realize that dual exhaust is for cars that have two banks of exhaust ports.

Undercarriage looks nice. We'll keep that.

Hmmm...somethings bugging my about the paint around the lip of the fenders. Maybe the picture is tricking me, but it almost looks as if he painted over rock gaurd. Bad idea.

The interior looks like a Christmas tree. What good is a Prelude interior that looks like swiss cheese once you take all the pointless LEDs out.

The antenna mast looks broken off.

Ha ha! He doesn't have the original factory engine decals. Point for me!

Wow. What is all that crap in the trunk? I've never understood people who like boom-cars. All that extra weight beating up your rear suspension. A trunk that looks like a hack job. Your alternator and battery screaming for mercy. And on top of it all, you get to go deaf at the same time.

His dash clock is missing the flip panel. Point for me.

He shaved the steering wheel emblem too. Does he know how hard it is to get a wheel like only the 90-91s had?

He wrecked the mounts for the rear seat, no doubt trying to force stupid amounts of wire under there. I bet if you were to get in the car and tug on the rear seat it would come right out.

And on top of all this.

It's an AUTO!

No, RedRacer, I wouldn't buy the car. If I did, I'd junk the interior, throw out all the stupid stereo equipment and trash the auto tranny.

Hmm...that leaves me with panels (which lack emblems), a chassis and an engine. I hope he remembered to change the oil.

Thanks, I'll pass.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

In response to Spiff's reply:

OOOOOOOH, SNAP ~ !!

I don't think he painted the garnish for the washers. I think he removed the whole piece, filled the holes and painted over them. I swear it looks like there is nothing there. Honest.

Dual exhaust, silly indeed. More useless weight.

I'm lost on the fender paint thing you think you're seeing. What are you talking about there? I'm lost on that one. Is there textured paint around the fender wells or something? Splatter paint?

Yeah the interior looks like crap with all those LED points everywhere. And red? with brown? Bad color combo. One thing we know for sure, he's not gay. No self-respecting gay male would have ever done that! LOL!

I agree, the undercarriage looks nice. But then, so does mine when I've had it cleaned a couple of weeks before.

And the first thing I noticed is that AUTO tranny handle. Yikes....nope.

As for badge removal...if you don't want people to know what kind of car it is, then why do you have it? Is there no pride in having the name Honda to show you're a sensible person who appreciates excellent automotive engineering?

All in all, he want's almost 12 grand for a rolling stereo and some gold paint. There is no true mechanical appreciation for the car. In fact, the "cut and paste" copy of the specs for the cars mechanics, proves that it's nothing to him except a silly ass stereo system. Poor Prelude. It had a fighting chance in its previous life....looks like it lost in the end.

Well, I'd give him $2,550 for it. Then I'd have to pay someone to rip out all that crap, paint it back to the original color code, put back all the missing pieces, fill in all the holes in the interior...etc.

Might be more of an investment than I would want to get into.
So I would have to say NO too.