This is what getting owned looks like

Post by spiffyguido »

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

LOL!

It also says, to me anyway, that the guy in the Porsche is not a good racer. Bad reaction time.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Yes, bad reaction time indeed.

Granted, even if he was a good driver, I don't think that porsche (unless heavily modified) is an 11 second car.

What Porsche is that? I couldn't quite tell. Carerra 2?

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Looks like about a 95 - 96 Carrera. Maybe a 2. Could be an earlier model Carrera 2, like around 92-93.. before they envoked the type 993.......the thing is, so many guys who had the Carreras wanted people to think it was a turbo so they put the turbo wing on the back...that wing doesn't look quite right to me, looks big. But that could be the bad quality of the video.

From the reaction and all, I think it's just a plain old 95'ish 911.

And that was only a 13.29 time. I know a couple of Preludes that turn faster times than that car did, which makes me want to think all the more that it's just a Carrera with a false look. The turbo could easily run 12's. Well, the 993 turbo or the turbo S.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

I'm going to guess it's a 1993, making it a 964. The rear bumper doesn't look like the 993 one. (I'm pretty sure they were different). The pre-1994 bumpers protruded more. I've been wrong before though.

I agree that it's not the turbo, the wing is likely an addition. It looks too long to be stock.

Also, had it been a turbo, even though his time was terrible due to a bad start, the trap speed should have been higher.

His launch was terrible. If you watch closely you can also see the car bog right after he takes off. My guess is that he must have tried launching really hard, then chickened out for fear of too much wheelspin.