Sound fetish......

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Sound fetish......

Post by RedRacer »

Apparently putting actual train horns on cars and trucks has been around for a while. How I missed out on it, don't know.

But I really want one of these bad boys. Would be awesome on the Lexus! Sure, funny on the Prelude, tiny car; big horn....but it's been done. However, the LS400, being such a land yacht....it's Perfect!

http://www.airhornsoftexas.com/Sounds/sounds.html
(it's the 8th "sound" button down the page. That's the one I want.

Then, while I was surfing various tones for train horns that I liked, I came across this and I just about peed my pants! I AM getting one of these for the Prelude.....just for fun though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VbNxugO-uf0& ... ed&search=

Ultimately, I found this guy and he wins the prize...That is SO frikkin cool!
If you've ever been around a seaport, you know just how loud this is. And notice, he is wearing ear protection.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TiWNw0A1Ijg& ... ed&search=

I GOTTA get one of those and put it on something...if i have to buy a truck just to do it, I very will might! LOL

(I'm afraid it would be too loud on the Jeep with a soft top....)

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Very nice, Redracer.

The blow off valve duck call was hilarious. Is that an optional piece you could put on your blow-off valve on your lude?

Actually, as cheesy as it is, putting big old horns in a car sounds really fun. Having a sea-grade fog horn in your car would be the greatest way to let people know that you weren't happy with how they just cut you off in traffic.

I've often considered fitting my car with ridiculous lighting. My cousin has some 'fog' lights on his Toyota. They look great, and there is something special about them. They're aircraft landing lights; and they're the brightest fog lights I've ever seen, period. Great for blinding people that forget to dim their highbeams.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Yes, I can order the duck call blowoff for my car. I haven't actually done it, although it would be really funny. I still wipe tears from my eyes when I watch that video. I don't know if it's the sound of the call or the guys laughing their asses off that gets me...whichever it's pretty funny.

I managed to contact the guy with the ship horns on his Mazda....he's a member of a club where people get together and show and sound off their various giant horns on their cars! Pretty funny...

I asked him about legalities and he said that in most places the horns or having them on the cars are not against the law, it's just where you sound the horn that could make it illegal. So train horns and ferry/ship horns are most likely to get you in trouble around town.

He also told me that in Miami, where this idea has become very popular with all the people with flashy and big cars, that the state legislature is actually writing a new law that WILL make it illegal to have these horns on your regular car and it WILL be illegal to drive around and blow them. They're too loud to safely sound around other drivers w/out causing them to crash their cars or damage pedestrian's hearing.

Anyway, it's still funny as hell to hear those horns on cars.

And I know about the aircraft landing lights. A buddy of mine has 4 of them on top of his 4 wheel drive, two on the front and two on the back.

They have their own circuit and battery/charging system because they were frying his wiring and electrical. And they're huge too and totally against the law on street here.

We use them in the woods at night. Works really great and makes me feel better knowing we aren't going to plunge off a 300 foot cliff or down an open mine shaft because he can see where to point the truck.

You can even light a cigarette off of them after they've been on for about 30 seconds and no, you can not look into them. It will damage your vision.