wiinscreen washer

Second Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

jake
Prelude Enthusiast

wiinscreen washer

Post by jake »

the inlet water tube to the below screen access to the jets of my 1987 prelude came out of the plastic housing. i am a bit hesistant about removing the cover in case it breaks as perhaps it may be a bit brittle after 25 years. it appears that apart from the several screws there are a few clips. are these easy to disengage?i presume that all three plastic hosuing components have to be removed as the outer ones overlap the central cover.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: wiinscreen washer

Post by spiffyguido »

It's hard to tell for sure from the schematic, but it looks like they are simple clips, so unless you can get to them from the underside to help things along, just coax them out gently. The grille probably will be brittle, but if you're gentle, it should come out.

Reply with some pics if you want some further reassurance. I don't have a 2nd gen anymore so I can't remember for sure how that grille comes off.

jake
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by jake »

thanks for your reply.will gently approach the clips and see what happens.picked this lude up a few weeks back..have been after it for years. has only 113 ,000 ks on it and in prsitine condition.it WAS only driven by a little old lady !!!cheers from beautiful Tasmania.Jake

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

113,000KM??? That's it? Nice find.

You absolutely MUST show us some pics.

I miss my 2nd gen. I miss it so much.