CEL question

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

KCKippenhan
Prelude Enthusiast

CEL question

Post by KCKippenhan »

I recently bought my 95 prelude with the F22A1 motor that the previous owner said has been replaced. Out of curiosity I wanted to check for codes. I shorted the connector and turned the key to ON. The check engine light illuminated solid, no flashing but the SRS light on my cluster flashed in short pulses indefinitely until I pulled the jumper wire out of the connector and then both the SRS and check engine lights turned off. The CEL does not come on when I drive. Does this mean there are no codes or could there be some sort of electrical problem? The car runs fine. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: CEL question

Post by spiffyguido »

No flashes from the CEL would indicate that there aren't any error codes on the ECU, so you're good there.

I'm not sure how the diagnostic system for the SRS works. The flashing might just be done to indicate that the bulb is working. Check out the manuals section and see if it's mentioned anywhere in there.

Pulling out the jumper will end the diagnostic session, so the lights going off when you did that is desired behavior.