Rear Main help.

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Preludedude
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: 95' VTEC

Rear Main help.

Post by Preludedude »

I am going to have to replace my rear main on my 95' VTEC and i was need to know they steps to do it, i do have a Chilton manual, but i think it kinda sucks, but better then nothing, If any of you guy/girls know the steps to do this please let me know, i would really appreciate the help, Thanks Guys.

~Ron

P.S. For a quicker reply Email me at JDMPrelude95@gmail.com

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Rear Main help.

Post by spiffyguido »

Uggh. Sorry to hear you have a leak there.

You'll have to take the tranny off, obviously. This can be done on the car, but if you have an engine hoist it's almost easier to take the engine and tranny out together and split them outside the car. That's always been my preferred way of doing it.

I've not changed the rear seal on a 4th gen before, so I'll stop short of offering any particular advice on the matter. However, those seals can sometimes put up a bit of a fight, either on removal or on insertion. The trick is that you're dealing with and area that you don't want to scratch, so be careful as you pry the old one out and press the new one in.

Good time to change the clutch, if needed.

Preludedude
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: 95' VTEC

Re: Rear Main help.

Post by Preludedude »

So it seems to be I was waaaay off where the leak was coming from, My Vtec solenoid gasket is leaking all the way down and making it look like it was coming from the rear main, but after getting under the lude I was way happier to find out it wasn't the case, thank god, but thanks for the help.
~Ron