heater issues

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

preludegrl2005
Prelude Enthusiast

heater issues

Post by preludegrl2005 »

I'm having trouble figuring out why my heat won't come on at all!!!!! Winter is coming no heat or defrost. Someone please help me I'm going crazy!!!!! :cry:

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: heater issues

Post by spiffyguido »

What year of Prelude do you have?

preludegrl2005
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by preludegrl2005 »

A 1995 prelude.

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Thanks, that helps. Just so we know what model of Prelude we're dealing with here.

First off, there's probably nothing wrong with the heater itself, as these are unlikely to fail. More likely is that there is a problem with your air mixing system. The temperature slider on your dash can malfunction, and if it does, your car won't be moving air past the heater core and therefore won't deliver any warm air.

The temperature mixer in your Prelude works on a cable system, so a repair should be easy if something is broken since you'll be able to see a detached cable. It might require some digging under the dash, but you'll get it.

If you go to our manuals section (see link at the top of the screen), you'll be able to download service manuals that apply to your car. The 1992 Shop manual is the big one that will be of most use to you. Even though your car is a 1995, little will have changed on it since 1992 so this manual will have the most information. You can also download the 1995 supplement if you want, but the only difference in the heater/cooling section between them relates to the air conditioner, not the heater.

With the manual, go to section 21 (Heater and Air Conditioning) and read through it. This will likely help you determine the problem. I'd pay special attention to pages 21-8 and 21-26.

Also, you may find the info in this thread helpful: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=665

I'm going to move this topic to 4th generation forum so that others can benefit.

preludegrl2005
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by preludegrl2005 »

Thanks hopefully I figure something out.

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Let us know what you find. We can offer additional information to help you troubleshoot this.