1992-1996 Honda Prelude EDM factory parts, options and specs

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

elspectro29
Prelude Guide
Prelude Model: 93 S and 91 Si

Re: 1992-1996 Honda Prelude EDM factory parts, options and s

Post by elspectro29 »

S-LudeDan wrote:They did with the Integras, I am surprised they jipped on the Prelude.
I'm not. Honda started favoring the Integra by the mid 90s, and most of the tuners followed suit.
#3 has arrived

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 1996 Honda Prelude S

Post by S-LudeDan »

elspectro29 wrote:
S-LudeDan wrote:They did with the Integras, I am surprised they jipped on the Prelude.
I'm not. Honda started favoring the Integra by the mid 90s, and most of the tuners followed suit.

lol, that blows!!

elspectro29
Prelude Guide

Post by elspectro29 »

Eh, it's not so bad. Most of the Integra heads are college-age kids anyway (wow, saying that makes me feel old). When I meet another Prelude owner they're often way more knowledgeable about their cars (happened today for instance). Non-Honda people also have respect for the Prelude more than other Hondas, in my experience. Also, I've never seen forums that are as helpful as this one is, with cool threads like this, for other Hondas.
#3 has arrived

elspectro29
Prelude Guide

Post by elspectro29 »

I've found out that LHD 1993-1997 foreign market Preludes are on the NHTSA's exemption list, so they're legally able to be imported provided an authorized importer tweaks the car to US standards. So theoretically we could have a car with some of these goodies imported.
#3 has arrived

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru

Post by S-LudeDan »

elspectro29 wrote:I've found out that LHD 1993-1997 foreign market Preludes are on the NHTSA's exemption list, so they're legally able to be imported provided an authorized importer tweaks the car to US standards. So theoretically we could have a car with some of these goodies imported.
that is very interesting. This makes sense to me now. There were some pure JDM spec Ludes directly imported to Europe and Australia. Also Russia has many JDM Ludes as well as their EDM ones.

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru

Post by S-LudeDan »

Here is an interesting JDM parking sensor system. Both the front and the rear bumper have a sensor on each corner to help the operator of the vehicle to park in tight areas, and also useful for bumper to bumper driving in the busy streets of Japan.

A signal is sent into the cabin if the vehicle is too close to an object like a curb, another vehicle and any other object.

System is activated by a switch. ON/OFF.

sensors

switch

Here are JDM chrome nostrils. Very rare these days and many counterfeit examples exist. To tell a real from fake is simple. Just look on the back of the vent and you will be able too see that they are ivory bone color underneath. You can also see the white showing if there are any scratches in the chrome, even the slightest ones. A painted vent/nostil is black underneath.

Here is a photo from the Honda Prelude JDM Accessory catalog

elspectro29
Prelude Guide

Post by elspectro29 »

Were the chrome nostrils made only for 94-96 models? I like the single slit used on the 92-93 better. Also, I don't think I ever mentioned it, but my 93 has the half-mast radio and some JDM lights installed.
#3 has arrived

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru

Post by S-LudeDan »

elspectro29 wrote:Were the chrome nostrils made only for 94-96 models? I like the single slit used on the 92-93 better. Also, I don't think I ever mentioned it, but my 93 has the half-mast radio and some JDM lights installed.
I know this is an old post. I think it's only 94-96 that had the chrome as a factory option.