crankshaft pulley/atts removal

Fifth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

yargnitram
Prelude Enthusiast

crankshaft pulley/atts removal

Post by yargnitram »

Got a tip for you! Don’t try to remove the crank pulley bolt by leverage and big extensions, it will snap the bolt. Go to your local lorry/rig tyre place and have them put on there 3/4 or 1 inch drive rattle/air gun with 19mm socket and wham off in less than a minute I tried for an hour and bent some serious bars, best part it only cost me a pack of beers. I have just spent the whole of Christmas putting in a year 2000 JDM Euro/Torneo type R 220hp engine and gearbox (gearbox was out of 1997 JDM SIR S spec with LSD (non ATTS) )into my 98 JDM type S with ATTS.Can I say what a mission it was. took me and my son 8 days, these engines may look the same but believe me there are quite some differences, if anyone is going down this path I will be glad to help,(ps I have a list of all the major differences)I took it out for a spin yesterday and boy did it go well. I must admit I like the lsd box, gone is the ATTS for now but if need be I can return it to standard at any time. There was no cutting/welding/bending of any of the original parts (just some tools). Now I need to rebuild my Types s engine and box. (smokes like a train and the clutch was fxxxd) also need to look at my spare Euro R and Box (needs reverse sorting, apparently a common fault with this box) then maybe next Christmas I will try the Euro R box on the prelude, anyway never give up even if the paths looks murky there is a answer out there on the prelude sites. Happy new year to all

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com