Developments

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Developments

Post by RedRacer »

Got a new pony in the stable -- pics to follow soon! ;)

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Developments

Post by spiffyguido »

.....and my imagination runs wild about what you've dug up....

My knowledge of your car history leads me to believe that it's:

Most likely a car.
Probably a coupe.
Very likely an import.
Potentially used.
Certainly sporty.

If you've bought used, I predict a late 2000s Subaru STI.....and I'll be outrageously jealous.

If you've bought new, I predict a Genesis Coupe.

RedRacer

Post by RedRacer »

Aaaahh, Spiffy! -- I expected better from you in catching the hints - New PONY in the STABLE.

No, not a Subaru nor a Genesis. ALTHOUGH - both very good picking of my brain. You do know me somewhat well.

BUT I bet you never would have expected this -- More 411 to follow.
Attachments
01212013285.jpg
01212013284.jpg

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

OOOH!. That's a nice one. Love the color.

I drove one of the Coyote engined 2011 Mustangs a friend owns a few months ago. Really liked it, although, my overwhelming impression of the car was that it was best suited for cruising rather than driving aggressively. All that power, and all I wanted to do was drive it slowly.

Congrats on the new car. I approve, most def!

Can't wait to hear more about the ride and how it came to be in your garage.

RedRacer

Post by RedRacer »

First day - driving her home and it went from this --
01172013269.jpg
to THIS
01172013275.jpg
in about 8 minutes ---. We were not prepared because the weather guys had been saying "OH no problems on the roads are expected, everyone should be able to get around just fine!" -- Famous last words of those guys ...... The temp had been below freezing for about an hour and when the heaviest snow hit and continued for over an hour, I almost didn't make it home.

Really not used to driving rear wheel drive power houses UP and down hills on icy surfaces and in 2 inches of snow. BUT, with Ford's AdvanceTrac system and my switching it on and off to get the rear wheels gripping, and driving through a couple of people's front yards to get traction on grass and dirt, I was the ONLY car out of about eight others, that made it up the hill to my house. Basically said I will be DAMNED if I am going to leave my brand new car sitting in the middle of a snowed in dip at the bottom of a hill for some other idiot(s) to slide down into or get to the top and slide back down into it. NO WAY IN HELL! Took me over 30 mins to go about a half mile, but by GOD, I got home!

RedRacer

Post by RedRacer »

spiffyguido wrote:OOOH!. That's a nice one. Love the color.

I drove one of the Coyote engined 2011 Mustangs a friend owns a few months ago. Really liked it, although, my overwhelming impression of the car was that it was best suited for cruising rather than driving aggressively. All that power, and all I wanted to do was drive it slowly.

Congrats on the new car. I approve, most def!

Can't wait to hear more about the ride and how it came to be in your garage.
Thanks! It's definitely not a Japanese or Euro drive.

The thing is, is just getting used to it. It is fun to drive just all-out, wide open in a straight line -- Winding it up in sport shift mode in first gear, listening to that awesome exhaust note howling, and not even to 6 grand on the tach and you feel like you're within a hair of being out of control, makes you WANT to get into second gear. Lol

Cruising is definitely in this car's DNA. However, combined with my experience of driving sporty little 4 cyl FWD's, it is rather easy to throw this big, heavy piece of American muscle metal around the curves at right nice speeds. And surprisingly, the car sticks really well. So far I'm impressed. Not my Prelude, definitely not the G35. But an all new kind of impressed.

On my list currently - learning how to drift properly ----- still a learning experience.

RedRacer

Post by RedRacer »

OH yeah -- and one other thing I've already learned - after the first full day of sun and temps in the upper 60's on Sat and Sun and now sitting here with my face, neck and head completely sunburned, it is from now on, "standard operating procedure" to keep a tube of sunblock in your convertible. OUCH!

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

More great pics! Thanks for sharing those. Your weather looks.....well...exactly like around here. Imagine that.

Glad you've been able to have some fun with the car on the twisties. The one I drove did make a great sound. I also remember the engine to be very eager to unleash hell. They have that muscle-car feel though, and I felt very cool sitting at the helm of the one I drove, hence the cruising. All that low end torque is perfect for burbling around town.

Sorry to hear about your sunburn. Sunscreen will help, but what you really need is a cowboy hat to keep the sun off your head and neck.....it's an oddly appropriate choice for Mustang motoring.

VishaaL
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by VishaaL »

The Blue one is awesome... I love it. Its looking very attractive. The Blue is my most favorite color. So, I like that Blue car...