Fiat 500 Abarth

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Fiat 500 Abarth

Post by RedRacer »

All in all, everything I have read about this little Mini killer has been quite favorable.

The little car is growing on me. I've seen a few around town already and one Abarth.

For what it is, in size, price and economy, it seems to pack quite a punch. Going to hit the dealer this weekend and take one out and slap it around and see what I think.

A few links for fun and info.....

She is HOT!

Jeremy Clarkson's short track review - pretty good and funny. Gotta love the Top Gear fellas.
http://bcove.me/wobm0jur

And you might want to do a Google for the exhaust note from this car. The Abarth model. For a little inline turbo 4, it has a pretty decent factory tuned exhaust sound. They did a good job with this car. I'd probably take one over a Mini any day.

OH and a really good little video giving you a history of the car, if you don't already know it. Take the 5 minutes to watch. Well done video!

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Fiat 500 Abarth

Post by spiffyguido »

Oh that ad. Saw it for the first time a few months ago. Had to watch it a few times just to figure out it was about a car.

The little Abarth is an attractive little unit. They're popping up all over the place where I live. As a super-mini, they're probably a solid pick. I'd love the chance to give one a try.

Although, I can't help but wonder if this will ever make it to North America, because if it did, I'm certain it would give the Abarth a run for its money:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/05/ford ... fiesta-st/

You laugh, but actually, the Fiesta in European spec is a cracking good car. I drove a manual transmission equipped base model Fiesta when I was in the UK last summer and instantly fell in love with it. The wee Ford has bucketloads of the elusive 'smile factor' and really endeared itself to me during our short time together.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Unfortunately I had a "man-cold" and was dying on the couch unable to move -- so I didn't get the op to go play with the little Fiat car. Will make a go for it next weekend if time allows. We're already up into the upper 70's daily and this week even into the 80's, I think 85 for this coming Saturday -- so the weekends are somewhat filled already with getting things cleaned up and ready for spring and summer.... so playing with cars may have to take a backseat for a bit.

As for the Fiesta car, I have no doubt that it is a fun car and probably packing a bit of performance as well. They need to get it here in North America soon!

They're bringing the ST Focus in at the end of the year, looks good, 5 door with 247 hp. Should be a rocket.

A friend of mine bought the 5 door SEL and while it fits well, handles really well and looks sporty, the engine is LAME (160hp) and the 6 speed auto SUCKS. Needs a bigger engine and needs a manual trans. I'm thinking they will offer more engine and better tans options for the regular Focus lineup once they add the ST model.

I have been quite impressed with Ford all around since they revamped a couple of years back ... except the Mustang - never have cared much for that car. That Taurus SHO rental that I had was quite a kick-ass ride. Still left an impression on me to the point that I have SERIOUSLY considered when I decide to sell the G35, I WILL be giving that car a serious consideration as a replacement vehicle.

* on a side note however, if gasoline prices continue to crawl upwards, then driving a 17mpg/25mpg vehicle is not something I would be doing.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

There's more of these ad spots for the wee Fiat...