How Pixar screwed up cartoon cars for a generation of kids

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

How Pixar screwed up cartoon cars for a generation of kids

Post by RedRacer »

I have ALWAYS thought this! Never did make sense why they put the eyes in the windshield!

As for me, ANY kind of car cartoon, the FACE of the car comes from the arrangement of the headlights, grille and front bumper -- and the headlights are of course, THE EYES!

Go here and read - I bet most of you will agree! Glad SOMEONE finally did a piece on this!

http://jalopnik.com/5870976/how-pixar-s ... on-of-kids

** And PS -- The word cartoon has nothing to actually do with cars. The word comes from the French 'carton', or Italian 'cartone', which means literally 'strong, heavy paper'. Over time its meaning was transferred to the preliminary sketches made by artists on such paper. This was the original and for nearly two centuries, only sense of the word in English.
Its application to comic drawings in newspapers and magazines began in the 1840s.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: How Pixar screwed up cartoon cars for a generation of ki

Post by spiffyguido »

Glad to read that I'm not the only person who was bothered by how they anthromorphized the cars in Cars. Great article. Thanks for sharing that.

Funny how they spoon-feed kids information these days. Kids aren't given the chance to use their vivid imaginations.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Re: How Pixar screwed up cartoon cars for a generation of ki

Post by RedRacer »

Absolutely true. Kids have ZERO imagination in the current world. Well, not all, but MOST of them don't.