Got my Lude back on the road!!!

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

elspectro29
Prelude Guide
Prelude Model: 93 S and 91 Si

Re: Got my Lude back on the road!!!

Post by elspectro29 »

Great pics. Where did you find the SE rims? I'd like to get a set in time.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 1996 Honda Prelude S

Post by S-LudeDan »

elspectro29 wrote:Great pics. Where did you find the SE rims? I'd like to get a set in time.

thank you!

I looked up Craigslist in every state. Eventually found them in Arizona. They were originally from North Dakota.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Dan, the car looks super sharp! Loving those rims. You did a great job in restoring them.

I wanted a little touch of color on my rims so I removed the center cap and painted the Honda "H" emblem in Milano Red. It's subtle but it pops with the body paint and it does bring it out on the rims. I would love to have your rims on my car. I've also got a set of the same standard Si rims for my car, only they're painted flat black (got them cheap) and they REALLY look good on the car. Only had them on one time though.

In my opinion, rims make or break a car. You can have a great looking car but you put the wrong rims on it and it's a lost cause.

Hey, one question -- you don't have a spoiler on your trunk lid. Do you not like them or is it just something you've never bothered with? I've heard some guys say they like the clean look of the trunk without. Personally I like the look it adds. Just curious.

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru

Post by S-LudeDan »

Thanks Red!! yeah, these rims will definitely look awesome on your car! They are meant for Milanos.

I like the spoiler look and I like without as well. There are very few 4th gens that are spoilerless. I don't mind being in that group.

The stock look for Heather Mist Metallic Ludes is without a spoiler. There is a similar color called Cashmere Silver metallic that came on SE ludes, those had spoilers.

as far as I know Honda never made a spoiler for my color.

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru

Post by S-LudeDan »

Update. Gathering some information about installing the JDM half mast antenna and switch I have laying around. I know, I know it's a useless option in the USA, but I am the collector of Honda factory parts, so I'm gonna go ahead and proceed with this install.

I heard I can gain 15 whp with this. lmao :laugh: ;)

anyways all jokes aside...here it is:

JDM Half Mast Antenna. That black control module is what regulates the height.

Half Switch