canada trip

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

91darkness
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 3rd gen 91 Si ALB

canada trip

Post by 91darkness »

I'm going to Canada in the spring. The wife and i are taking a week to do some touristy stuff in Niagara. I looked up the VIA Rail and its $90 round trip for two to Toronto. I was wondering what are some great places to go to?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: canada trip

Post by spiffyguido »

Are you only stopping in Toronto and Niagra? Or do you have some flexibility to see some other places.

Also, when are you going. Late spring?

91darkness
Prelude Guru

Post by 91darkness »

going around the 18th of April. I'm staying in Niagara, but plan on going to Toronto for a day.

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

If you're looking to relax, Niagra is a great choice. It's very pretty there.

As far as Toronto goes, I'd try and tackle the downtown area only since you only have a day. If you're a fan of shopping (and the exchange rate improves), you might enjoy Toronto's huge underground mall (called The Path). When I was there with a friend we walked for hours through this underground expanse. It's neat to see, but only probably worth your time if you're really keen on shopping.

Otherwise, I'd head straight to some of the trendier sections of downtown Toronto. Yonge Street and Queen street come to mind....I remember walking these a great deal when I was in Toronto. Conveniently, since you're taking the train, you'll probably arrive in Union Station, which pretty much puts you at the doorstep of downtown Toronto. The harbour is there as well, the CN Tower is close, and you'll only have to stroll a few blocks to get onto Yonge Street.

If you have really particular interests, you may want to research further. My time in Toronto was limited to strolling the streets for a few days, enjoying the atmosphere of Toronto's vibrant parts. If you have particular interests, take a look at wikitravel or a similar site to read a little more about what might be of particular interest. Toronto is a huge city, so you'll have to target your time. I know it has many museums, shopping and cultural events to offer. You'll have a good time.

91darkness
Prelude Guru

Post by 91darkness »

thanks for the advise, i definitely want to check out "the path". It looks like a great city to visit. Too bad there is not an prelude meet that week :D

91darkness
Prelude Guru

Post by 91darkness »

I just got back from Niagara, ON yesterday. The trip went pretty smooth getting there. I tell ya what though, the weather was cold! It was around 6*C (43*F) some days. Most of the falls was still frozen. I didnt get to make it to Toronto, but did do the winery tour. We drank wine for a good part of the day, sipping and hopping to different wineries. I have never tasted ICE wine and its really good stuff. We scored free tickets to skylon tower, which was cool. Clifton Hill was a letdown though. It is a big tourist trap and super pricey. All in all it was a good vacation. It was better than being at work lol. Now that im back, i have to get under the hood(Alternator belt).
Attachments
niagara.jpg

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Glad you had a good time. And that is a sweet photo! Maybe you'll be able to catch Toronto on another trip, or better yet, Montreal.

Good luck with that alternator belt.