Prelude Redux

Discussion topics related to all generations of Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Prelude Redux

Post by RedRacer »

Well, I got my Prelude back. And man, the car looks GREAT! I couldn't be more satisfied with the work these guys gave to my meager little 95 Prelude.

When I picked her up she was sitting at the head of a line with a Bentley Continental - the most beautiful black paint I've ever seen, an AMG CLS 55 beautiful Alpine White, a black CL 550 and a beautiful black carbon Gallardo. I stood there and looked at my car, and while it's nowhere near as flashy or impressive as the lot of that class, it held its own and looked damn good sitting there with those supercars. What bothered me was imagining all those beautiful cars being damaged. But looking at them, you'd never know how or where, because this shop is THAT good. Well, they'd have to be to work on cars of this class.

I wish I had taken a picture then, but it was starting to rain and I wanted to get my car home and off the roads with the wet weather idiot drivers. I was terrified that I was going to get in a wreck after just getting out of the bodyshop!!

The paint matches PERFECTLY. The finish of the paint is flawless. It looks wet still. Like if you stuck your finger in it, it would ripple. It looks like new car paint, like what you see on a showroom floor. Not a pit, mark, dimple, nothing. It's PERFECT.

All the body panel gaps are perfect. Everything lines up, nothing is off. When you pull the trunk release switch or unlock it with the key, you just need to barely lift the handle at the drivers seat or put very little pressure to turn the key -- it just floats open. Nicely done.

So, she's back from the almost dead. And I am just as happy now as I was the day I brought her home originally.

Hard to imagine that two months ago the entire trunk lid and panel were pushed into the middle, the bumper was creased in the middle about 4 inches and the outer sides were pushed and bowed out so they were sticking out about 6 inches from the side of the body of the car.

Never thought it would be right again -- but, I was wrong.

(i wish you could really see the color in these pictures -- the sun was shining on that side of the car and the brightness of the sunlight makes the car look almost orange in that light in pictures. it's a vivid, deep, rich wet red.....just doesn't transfer into the pictures, and that's too bad)

lower rear .jpg
rear upper .jpg
left side top .jpg
left corner wing.jpg
left side close.jpg
left side rear full .jpg
left side full .jpg

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Prelude Redux

Post by spiffyguido »

Oh my. It looks like they did VERY good work. That's some good looking paint.

So glad to hear she's back on the road, just as good as new. Thank goodness.

Gorgeous.